Thursday, April 9, 2009

I've got a complicated order

Pet peeves. We all have them, and if you say that you don't, you just became one of mine. Whatever yours may be, yes, I have heard some pretty outrageous peeves, we all have them and they bother us. As for me, I have tons. I can't even name them I have so many, but I am frequently reminded of them when they happen. Some people do dogs, cats, birds, or even bunnies. I do peeves. Lately, I have been ticked off by my same pet peeve, rude people at work. I'm not talking about my work, obviously seeing as I don't have a real job, don't judge! I'm talking about when you are trying to get your lunch from the little deli, and the lady taking your order is meaner than any snake you have ever seen in your life! I mean, I did not make you apply for this job, you did that on your own! So don't take it out on me! I once went in to deal with a broken blackberry, as I approached the counter, the man behind it didn't bother to stop whatever he was doing, he didn't even bother to look up at me while he mumbled, "can i help you." Um, yes, you could start by making eye contact. Or how about this scene, you go to the drive through, you get to the window, and before you can open your cute little Tory wallet, their hand is sticking out and they are looking at you like YOU are the idiot. When you do pay them, they through your food at you like your (insert famous football player here.) I'm sorry but this is your job, you applied for it, so wouldn't you want to be the best (insert job title here) that you could be? My lunch would be a little more enjoyable if the person who handed it to me smiled, or even bothered to look at me. Why is everyone in such a hurry that we forget the simple things in life, like smiling, or having a little bit of patience. So for all of you fabulous hard workers out there, be nicer, smile a little bit more, tell someone to have a nice day, even if you don't say anything to them, just smile. Smiles make everyone prettier, and they don't cost a thing! It's a time of recession people, so if you can't afford the fabulous new summer lip colors from Chanel, you can afford to smile a bit.

No comments: