Thursday, September 3, 2009

Rules, Schmules..

So my single friends and I have been discussing our single-ness, what else are we supposed to do with our lives? And we have all been talking about how the rules have changed. Now, I have two brothers, therefore I do have insight into the male world and how it works, plus don't misinterpret this and think that I understand the male species because I sure don't (If I did, would I be single?) I remember the high school days, it seemed that I always, always had a boyfriend! They would call, mom would take me to the movies where we would meet up and awkwardly hold hands in the two-seater chairs and when the "date" was over, we would rush home to chat about how much we like each other on AIM. Oh, those were the days. The way of the world was simple, boy pursue girl. Boy call girl, boy AIM girl, boy text girl, whatever way you like, boy contact girl. Boy tell girl he likes her. Boy and girl go to movies and viola, boy ask girl out. That was how it happened. But, something happens when you grow up, you get to college and the way of the world changes. No one tells you though, that's the tricky part, you have to figure it out on your own. This is college, but I've been in it 3 years and have yet to take Reading the Male Mind 101. The tables turn and boys discover beer, bars, and gullible freshman girls. The whole boy pursue girl thing, totally out the window. What genius decided that when you get to college, it suddenly becomes to girls job to pursue boy. I am so not OK with this. I don't want to pursue boy, i want boy to pursue me! This is the south people, what happened to chivalry? Courting? It's the good girls who are sitting around waiting to be pursued who are single (hello, prime example.) But I just don't get why we accept this? This is wrooooong! I'm telling ya, its a date-eat-date world out there and nice girls are finishing last! I, reluctantly, have decided to test this girl-seek-guy theory. I want to see if it actually works. If I (girl) approach experiment (boy,) I should have a positive reaction? So, my challenge for myself and all my other single ladies is to go out there and pursue! I guess guys have just become so dumb and lazy that it is now up to us to do the match making. As if boys didn't already expect us to everything else for them! I don't like it, but hey, it's 2009, things have changed.

No comments: