Sunday, February 15, 2009

Stereotypical Stereotypin'

Most stereotypes don't bother me, mainly because I stereotype too. But why is it than anyone who lives above the mason-dixon line believes that all people residing in Gods country, I mean, the South are "red-necks." Come on people, I am full of southern pride, but to call me a redneck, now thats an insult. My idea of a redneck is a person who, yes, lives in the south, but in a trailer with their momma and cousins and grandmama and anyone else they claim to be related to that can fit inside. A redneck's idea of a vacation is traveling to Gatlinburg, or even better, Myrtle Beach. A redneck considers themselves worldly if they have been to Gerogia. A redneck drives a truck that looks like someone beat it with a baseball ball, threw huge tires on it and called it a luxury. Now, I am not a redneck. I do not work at wal mart, i do not hang out in the wal mart parking lot. I do not go camping. I do not live on a farm. The word redneck disgusts me. There is a show on CMT called, "My Big Fat Redneck Wedding." Watch it, its hilarious, and very real, for a redneck. Notice the title isn't "My Big Fat Southern Wedding" you see because some of us down here belive in getting married in a church, shocking right. So before you go and drop the R word on somebody, make sure they have on flannel, cut off jeans, a john deere hat, dirty work boots, facial hair, or smell like they haven't bathed in weeks

No comments: