Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Thanks, come again

I know you have probably heard the quote,Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.” We all know this is true. Have you ever gone to your grandparents 50th wedding anniversary and actually thought about it. That is 50 years, count them, 50, with the same person. There are some people I can't be with for more than 5 minutes, so imagine spending 50 years of your life with one person. Think of lessons you have learned in your life, mistakes you have made, who was there? I am a firm believer that there are different types of friends. Some you need for a short period of time, some you need for certain things, but the rarest type of all is forever friends. How many of us can really say that we have a friend who was there in middle school and will also be standing with us at our wedding? I think people take friends for granted. I get my feelings hurt easier than most people, and I know that when a friend doesn't answer my calls/texts it hurts my feelings. I am the friend that will drop everything to answer your call, come pick you up, listen to you vent, whatever. Even though this is my personality, I have to understand that not everyone is like me. (Oh what a world that would be.) My mom always told me in order to have a friend I should be a friend. Well, Confucius say if I call you, you pick up. The way to keep a friend forever is to crate a bond, a bond so unbreakable that no distance, time or problem can separate. A friendship is no different than a romantic relationship, it takes work, time and effort. We are all guilty of mistakes I realize that, but a simple phone call, or a simple text, Heck, it's 2009, write on their face book! This is what makes a friendship last. So while we all dream of having a 50th wedding anniversary with our hubby, I want a 50th friendship anniversary. How special would life be if you had a forever friend you could look back with? I would rather have a 50th friendship anniversary than a wedding anniversary. (or both, that would be OK.)

No comments: