Friday, December 4, 2009

Bad things happen to good people.

Bad things happen every day. People hurt us, we hurt people. It is just the way life goes. People are not perfect and therefor we all make mistakes and hurt is inevitable. It is one thing when the hurt happens to you. I remember in high school, you hated people for your best friend. If someone did something bad to my bff, I hated her, even if I didn't, I did. That was just how bff relationships worked. So what happens when you grow up? I get let down pretty much every day, I vent, get angry and then move on. But something that I can't stand to see is someone get hurt that doesn't deserve it. We all know someone who is just a good person. That person that you have never, ever seen without a smile. Someone who can make anything positive. The person you want to hate just because they are so darn happy and it just isn't normal to be that happy. Well, I have a person in my life like that. She is one of my role models because of her attitude and her outlook on life. I am constantly stunned watching how she handles situations knowing that she is a much better person than I am. Recently, bad things have happened to her. Things she didn't deserve, things I wish I had an explanation for. It has been an interesting trip for me to watch. People like that aren't supposed to be hurt, you can't be mean to good people, you just can't. So what do you do? As bad as I want to scream and shout and tell the world how wrong this is, all I can do is watch in anger. It is difficult to watch your happy person be sad and hurt, but it reminds me that she too is a person just like me. Happy people break down too, they just make sure no one sees it. I have been humbled watching he grace and dignity she has upheld throughout this entire wrong situation. I want to shake these people who have done her wrong, but I know that is not the answer and not what she would want me to do. So I have to bite my tongue and believe in karma. I know that, in time, better things will happen for her and the people who have done wrong will be wronged too. But I know that the next time someone does wrong by me, instead of acting in my normal manner, (stomping, screaming, venting, being angry, etc.) I will think of my happy person and remember that if she can hold her head high through this, so can I.

No comments: