Friday, December 11, 2009

I wear leggings as pants.

Fashion. Some people have it, some people don't. I never considered myself fashionable. I liked fashion, a lot, but as far as being fashionable, I definitely wasn't. It took me awhile to come into my own sense of fashion, I am proud to say I finally have. But that's not the story. The great thing about fashion is that there are no rules, fashion is limitless. I think Lady Gaga is one of the most fashionable women in the world, others call her crazy. I for one admire her self-confidence and her ability to take risks. One of my favorite items of clothing is leggings. I wear leggings literally every single day. Most people own leggings, but not everyone wears them the same way. There is an on-going debate about whether or not leggings can/should be worn as pants. Most people think the generally rule is that whatever you pair with your leggings should cover your backside. I, too, used to go by this rule, but not anymore. I wear leggings as pants, and I am proud of it. Sure, some people disagree with me, but that's life. I choose to wear my leggings however I want whether or not people agree with me. How to wear your leggings can be like life, what you may think is acceptable, others may not. People have disagreed on things as long as there has been a sun in the sky and will continue to do so until the good Lord calls us home. Just because I wear leggings as pants doesn't make me a bad person, it just means that I go farther out on the fashion limb than others. I don't judge people who don't wear leggings as pants, they are free to wear them however they would like. This is the way we should look at bigger disagreements in life. Just because two people don't do things the same way, or see things the same, doesn't matter. Some people are risk takers, some people like to color in side of the lines. Some people are Lady Gaga and others are Jennifer Garner. So whether you wear your leggings as pants, or under dresses or even under Nike running shorts (please don't,) we are still all people wearing leggings, just in different ways.

1 comment:

August said...

Interesting. I too like the leggings trend but was skeptical at first.

When did you start wearing leggings? And what made you decide to start wearing them as pants (not covering your butt/crotch)? And when you say literally every day, you mean every single day? Like 30 days a month? How many pair do you own and what colors?

I know a girl that wears leggings a lot, and once wore them 21 days in a row. But I wouldn't say she wears them every single day.

Augi