Saturday, December 26, 2009

Put the plate under the bed and move on

For Christmas, it may be no surprise to y'all that I asked Santa to bring me a boyfriend. Unfortunately there was no prince charming under my tree yesterday. (Thanks, Santa..) You know you're single when you start asking Santa to set you up with someone. As we head into a new year, I'm obviously making my lists of resolutions, which ironically looks a lot like my list from last year. I'm not the best with following through with those things. Most of my plans are what you would expect, lose weight, work out more, eat healthy, etc. As I'm going over my list, I realized that one of the things carrying over from last year, makes me a tiny bit sad. Last year I wanted to fall in love in 2009, and we 2009 turns to 2010, I am still waiting to fall in love. Sadly enough, 2009 wasn't my year. I think back to the boys that came in my life in 2009 and I want to vomit. I failed miserably in that department.

I have been reminded numerous times that my writing makes me sound, "needy." And to that I say, this is my blog, my thoughts, my life, my words. Being single is a part of my life, so is wanting a boyfriend. I don't write about it to sound whiny, I write about it because it is my life.

I recently developed a new crush. I met a guy who, as far as I know, had every quality needed to be considered, well, perfect. To say I had a crush on this boy would be an understatement. I was head over heels for this guy. I did all your typical girl things. I found out everything I could about him, started letting my mind run wild about the relationship I just knew was going to be. I knew how to casually run into him, and I did. I left the hints where they could be left, now all I had to do was wait for him to make a move. Well, I am here to say, he didn't bite. Well, I mean, he hasn't yet, but let's get real, he would have made said move by now if he actually wanted to. So here I am, another crush, another let down. I can't help but wonder what I am doing wrong? Why didn't he want to ask me out as bad as I wanted him too? I think I'm a catch? Dating is frustrated. It's total game of strategy and I've got nothing. Zilch. Did I need to go around waving a flag that said ASK ME OUT!! ? I mean, the boy can't be dumb enough to not have realized I have a crush on him. So why did nothing happen? Why does nothing ever happen?
What is the secret other girls must know that I don't, how do they do it? How do you get a guy to make the move? Dating is rough, it's not as fun as I remember.

It's no secret I'm let down, sad that my crush does not crush me back. I realized that maybe, just maybe, I got too ahead of myself. I might have taken it a little too far too fast, maybe I jinxed myself? One thing I know about guys is that if they want to ask you out, they will. So, self, he hasn't made a move yet, therefore, he obviously doesn't want to. So we gotta move on. We have to suck it up, realize it's not meant to be and forget it. It's almost a new year, so here's to a fresh start.

No comments: