Wednesday, December 30, 2009

One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish..

He's just not that into you. The movie that broke the hearts of every girl in America. Any time a girl wonders what a guy is thinking, they immediately refer to the rules of this book/movie. The problem is, there are a million other books just like this one. There are even T.V. shows now! (I admit, I'm addicted to Tough Love.) These books/movies/shows showcase girls who are clueless at the game of love and they are all seeking one thing: advice. As a girl, I know that this is how it goes:

Girl sees boy. (Sees, not to be confused with meet.) Girl stalks the heck of out boy founding out everything they possibly can about boy. (What else is facebook good for?) Girl finds ways to "nonchalantly" bump into/see from a distance boy. Girl asks every person she knows what they think of the situation, what she should do, and if they think he is interested.

Problem? While girl is already planning marriage to said boy, he doesn't even know her name, let alone anything else about her. They haven't thought about what they will eat for breakfast by the time you are naming your three children.

Avery wise guy I know put it in a very simple formula:
(you may want to write this down)
Man's logic + women's emotions = HUGE misunderstanding

Girls get carried away, we do. I'll admit I am one of the worst. It's 0-60 in no time at all. The worst part of this is the advice part. Everything else may make you look like a fool, but the asking everyone's advice is the worst. Why? Well it is simple. Every single person has a different opinion. We all think differently and we all have different ways of seeing things. You could ask 50 people and they could all tell you something different. This does nothing but leave you more confused than you were before. I know that when I develop a crush, I have no idea what to do/say etc. I always go to people for advice, but it's not advice I'm looking for. I want someone to spell it out for me, step by step tell me what to do. This is where problems arise.

Girls start out a potential relationship by not being themselves. Everything they say or do, even wear has been methodically planned out and thought over. I have realized that this needs to stop, at least for me. I know that I have no "game" if you will, I do not know how to flirt and be witty and attract the male species. But that is who I am. So, with my new crush, I need to chill out, breathe, stop involving everyone I know and just be me. If a guy can't like me as I am, then the relationship isn't going to work anyway.

1 comment:

August said...

I think you should speak for yourself.

Every or "most" girls don't already "plan out a marriage" over a guy they just saw at work or school. Only the obsessive type of girls or possibly the psychotic.

Just saying, this is not "normal" and most girls aren't doing this.

I think you should see some counseling to help you at least calm it down a bit.