Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Procrastination: America's favorite pastime.

It is no secret that it takes extremely little to stress me out. I get stressed easily and quickly and I don't even try to hide it. Call it a character flaw. Sometimes I get so stressed out I want to cry, sometimes (most of the time) I just get stressed out and eat. Lately, I live in a constant state of stress, thank you Greek Sing. It is only Tuesday and I am already worn out and couldn't be more ready for Friday.

What is causing my stress, you ask? Well, for starters, Greek Sing. From now until April 14, Greek Sing will stress me out. All day, every day. I love it, I do, but at the same time, I hate it.

This week, I happen to have three tests, yes, that's right, three. So obviously I have been studying my butt off all day long, wrong. Today I went into the chapter room at 1p.m., at 3p.m. I realized I had done absolutely nothing. For two hours I sat and did everything but study. If my tests were on Facebook, I would pass with flying colors. I discovered today that you can play games on Facebook, who knew? This probably wasn't a good discovery seeing as I spent more time playing bejeweled than learning biology. Whoops.

I realized today, this is why I make bad grades. (Light Bulb.) I set on my butt and do nothing, but then turn around and say oh yeah, I studied for like five hours! Wrong. I played on Facebook for four hours, studied for one. Same thing (not.)

Why do we procrastinate? (BTW -by the way, come on, 2010, hello- I am writing this as I should be studying, i.e., procrastination.) We know we have stuff to do, so why not just do it? Sure, studying sucks now, but when I get my grade back, chances are I am going to wish I had studied more. I have been so stressed out this week because I have three tests, ah so scary! But in reality, I have barely prepared for them. I have pretended to prepare for them (exhausting,) but I haven't really. So I am really only adding to my stress level by procrastinating. It is now the night before 2/3 of my tests and I am extremely stressed out over realizing I haven't studied nearly enough, (oops.)

Procrastination is a part of college. People have done it for years and will continue for many years to come. But I am choosing right now to be productive. No more Facebook games, no more pretending to study and no more staring at the pages waiting for the information to sink into my brain. It is time to get down to business. (Let's see how long this lasts.)

1 comment:

August said...

Are you on facebook? I want to add you