Sunday, March 22, 2009

Their grass is totally greener...

We have all heard the saying, "The grass is greener on the other side." We have been told countless times that you always want what you can't have. Our entire lives have been spent being jealous of what someone else has, or what someone else does, etc. Why can't we all just be happy with what we have? When I was a young southern blonde I was constantly wanting everything around me. Don't get me wrong, I knew that I was lucky to have what I did have, but I couldn't help but want her hair, and her body, and her nose, and her car. I think its a normal part of life for all of us but I also think its a nasty cycle. Think about it, it starts off when your a youngin' and you want the toys everyone else has, no matter what cool amazing brand new toy you have, someone always has something you don't. Then you get to your teen years and you begin to covet more, hair, clothes, cars, grades, someone is always a level above you, dang it! Even into adulthood, its someones boyfriend, their job, their house, their kids, etc etc! When does the madness end!! My mom used to always say, "There will always be someone who has more than you." It so true, all my life there has always been someone who had just a little bit more than me. But heres how we turn this situation into something good. Let's turn it around, someone, heck maybe even a couple someones, wants what YOU have. Yes, its true. Sometime or another someone has said, "Gosh, i wish I was HER." Makes you feel good doesn't it? So next time you look at someone and turn green with envy, just remember, someone is looking at you just the same way. Remember, you are fabulous, and who wouldn't want to be a fabulous Southern Blonde?

No comments: