Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Class is more than something you go to in college..

Growing up I will admit I was and might still be a bit naive. I thought, for the longest time, everyone lived like I did and that the things I did, things I had and the way my family operated was completely normal. My oh so wonderful small town taught me otherwise. I won't waste your time rambling about how blessed I am and yada yada, but, there is something that many people lack that doesn't cost a dime; class. Class is timeless, everyone should have some, but unfortunately, many people have no class. My mom taught me from a very early age to be above all, classy. Southern girls, if raised properly, have a reputation for being classy. For the most part, this is true. I've been dealing with a situation with a "friend," (i use that term ever so loosely,) while I won't bother you with the details of said situation, I will tell you that after being ignored, I finally have just given up because I realize this person has zero class. It bothers me, I mean, didn't every ones mother teach them they way mine did? Being classy, having manners, being a lady, these should be things we are taught and we just live our life that way. Let me tell you, people can be mean, and i mean MEAN!! Down right vicious. In my life I have had my share of mean people, people who just did mean things for a reason I still don't understand. It just hurts me, I want to bring them to my mother and let her give them a lesson on what it means to be a lady. People will never cease to amaze me, but its people that you think you are friends with who will shock you the most. I think we all need to have a refresher course in how to be a classy lady, no one is perfect lets be honest. I think it just bothers me when people act so rude because I expect everyone to have class. I suppose I just need to remind myself that not everyone has class, even though they should.

No comments: