Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Confessions of a shopaholic

I'm sure many of you have seen this movie. I missed it while it was in the theaters (who has time to go to the movies these days?) So I have been patiently awaiting it to come out for rental, and ta-da, it has! Just judging by the title, I was positive this movie would be the story of my life. Well, how shocked was I to see not only was this so close to my life, I found it inspirational. Now, let me just say this, I do not have a ridiculous amount of debt, I do not even own a credit card, (shocking, but its called living under your parents rules.) So don't freak out, I do not having a shopping addiction, at least not yet, the day I get a credit card might be a different story. It is nothing new that I worry every single day over what I am going to do with my life, but I have extremely high goals and very large dreams. Much like Becks, I hope to one day live in NYC with a fabulous job and a fabulous closet. Even though the main purpose of the movie is to pay off her debt, the one key thing she needs in her life: stability. In order to have a stable credit card balance, you need a stable paycheck. In order to gain a stable paycheck you need a stable job. In order to gain a stable job, you need a stable life. See where I'm going with this? Stability is never the answer to the question, "What do you want in life?" But it should be. I continue to agonize over what the heck I am going to do with my life, but I do know one thing, I want stability. I'd like a stable job, a stable paycheck, and preferably a stable relationship. I think people are too hard on the real life Rebbecca Bloomwoods, but if you ask me, they are the smartest people in the world. I know the my life is nothing but chaos now, but all chaos eventually leads towards stability, if you work hard enough. So I know that if I just focus and work hard, I too can find stability in life. Hopefully even a stable man like Luke Brandon :).

No comments: