Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wrong, try again..

So I am reading this new book, yes, it is a dating book. But, it is a different type of dating book. I heard of this one on Cosmo Radio. This book is called "MENu Dating" by Tristan Coopersmith. This book isn't one of those books who promises that after reading it, Prince Charming will magically appear and you will live happily ever after. This book can be compared to a diet, its a program, with steps, and when you complete a step, you move on to the next level. It teaches you how to date effectively. But, I will talk more about the book once I actually read it. However, one thing has already stuck with me. That dating is a game of trial and error. You date this type, you either like it or not and you move on. This theory really makes sense the more you think about it. This made me think that not only is dating a game of trial and error, so is life itself. You spend your entire life trying things. When you are a child, your parents sign you up for soccer, basketball, cheerleading, dance lessons, everything possible. You either excel at it and continue, or they realize it is a waste of time. This trend follows us all throughout our life. When you grow up it is trial and error with careers, you try and try until something sticks. It's like when you go shopping, and you get an adrenaline rush because everything is so cute and you take more clothes to the dressing room than you can handle. But when you start trying them on, some things don't look as great as you thought they would, or that really cute flowy tunic makes you look prego. It's a game of trial and error, you can try on 55 shirts, but chances are, you won't like them all. I think if I could keep this in mind all the time, I wouldn't stress as much. Instead of making a big deal out of everything that happens in life, I should look at it as just another try. I'm trying something, giving it a shot and if it works out, makes me happy, looks good, etc, then great, I move on. But if it doesn't work, feels wrong, whatever, you just try again.

No comments: