Saturday, May 9, 2009

Home is where the heart is..

All of our lives are spent working towards one goal, moving away from hom and out on your own. I for one was itching to get out of my dreaded small town by the age of 16. Senior year could not have come fast enough for me. I was sick of the people, the places, everything about my town just disgusted me! It is a common feeling for all high school aged kids to dream of the day they graduate and are ablr to move on to bigger and better things. We pick colleges that get us as far away as possible from home. After years of wishing, we finally get to that beautiful day where we are away from our awful hometown. Life is good, your on your own and miles away from anyone you know. So why is it that once we finally get what we want, when we venture far away from home that something inside of us changes and we only want one thing, home. It happens to all of us, you realize that you didn't have it half as bad as your thought you did, (hate to say I told ya so.) It seems that of all the marvelous, fabulous, and far away places that we can go, nothing can ever replace home. Now, of course, there are still many things I do not enjoy about home, like for instance, the nosey small town people who have nothing better to do than gossip, the rednecks who gang up in Wal Mart, the people I went to high school with you have done nothing with their lvies and look at me as if I am some sort of alien, (it's called college, they should try it,) and most of all, those boring, lonely nights when you lay in your bed, in your old room and realize, you are growing up; life will never be easy like it used to be, pretty soon, you will have a home of your own, time has slipped out of your hands and out of your reach. By the time we realize the value of home, it is too late and the feeling is bitterwseet. It may be too late to appreciate somethings, but home will always be home, no matter how far away you are. Here in my world, I will always, always come home whenever I get the chance, and know that my family will be there ready to whip up a home cooked meal to make you feel like you are a kid again.

No comments: