Saturday, May 30, 2009

Destination Unknown

Today, I woke up and decided it was a great day for a road trip. Most people slept in, went to the pool, stayed in bed til noon, or just did nothing, I on the other hand hopped in my car and headed to Atlanta. I just love that place, I don't have to do anything except be there and it instantly makes me happy, it's kind of like therapy for the soul. So after my day of shopping was done, I headed back down the interstate, well, I happened to be on the phone and missed the exit. I ended up on like the main road of Atlanta so I wasn't totally lost, (but dangerously close.) Instead of panicking (I do have a GPS if things got really bad,) or calling my mom freaking out, I decided to just ride it out, I had to come out somewhere right? While driving it was so fun to see new things and places, it was like being on a mini adventure. Along this adventure I discovered Atlanta has a Blue Fin (one of my fave sushi places in NYC!) I also decided that I would be OK with marrying someone who wanted to live in Buckhead. Eventually I was able to use my marvelous directional skills and navigate back to the interstate, ok so I turned on the GPS. BUT, my little journey made me realize something, being lost and not knowing where to go is scary, nerve racking, thrilling and exciting all at the same time, but being lost can be a good thing. Sometimes, just cruising, going where the road leads, wherever that may be, is the best thing to do. It's terrifying to me that I don't have a life plan, that I don't know what path my life is on, but instead of worrying about it, I should enjoy it. I should enjoy being young and not having to have a plan. Sometimes being lost is the best way to be.

No comments: