Monday, October 19, 2009

Only YOU can prevent sadness

So we all know that girls hold the crown for being emotional basket cases. Lets face it, guys don't drown their sorrows in a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream when things go wrong. Well, being the only girl in the middle of two boys has been quite an adventure. I am able to see first hand how truly stupid the male species can be. I also have an advantage, I get to observe these creatures in their natural habitat, I am able to see things that all girls should see, but most never will. I could honestly write an entire book on all things I have learned by having brothers. One thing that happens on a regular basis is, frustration. My brothers, mostly my older one, has the ability to frustrate me to no end. He knows just the right buttons to push to make my blood boil. Well, recently we had one of the biggest arguments of all time, and for being 20 years old, that's big. I was so mad, angry, upset, frustrated, irritated, etc, that I could no long focus on anything except my anger. The next day, I did what all females do, went to friends to vent. I just wanted someone to hear just how mad I was and be mad with me. Leave it to my twin to be my voice of reason. She made me realize that, bro and i were not going to agree on this, ever. He was going to continue to think he was right and so am I. (By the way, if you knew the situation, you would totally be on my side too!) I realized that the problem was that I was the only one who cared. He didn't care that I was angry, only I did. I realized that I was the only one fueling my burning fire. I finally realized that even though I didn't want to and I didn't think it was right, I had to let go. I had to pull myself out of the situation. I had to let him win and continue to believe he was right. Our fight would only continue because I was just punching at a brick wall, it would never move. Even though it stinks, I realized I could choose to no longer be angry. We control our emotions, we always want to put the blame on other people who have done us wrong but the truth is, at the end of the day, it is up to us to continue to allow ourselves to have negative feelings. The best thing to do, for your sanity, is realize it is not worth fighting and release your emotions. Life is too short to be anything but happy and positive. So I choose to be happy and positive,

No comments: