Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Settling down..

One of the very few perks of being single is hearing my friends tell stories of their current boy situation and what stupid things he is doing to them. When I hear my friends being treated not so well, I am reminded that being single is OK. I would much rather be single that have a guy who wasn't right. So I was having a chat with one of my gal pals who wanted advice. Isn't it strange that all my friends come to me for guy advice but yet I'm single? Maybe that's why I'm single, because I know guys too well? She was telling me about this new guy and how she was dropping hints left and right and all but screaming I LOVE YOU in his face. She asked me what I thought was the problem. I hear stories like this all the time. As females, we over analyze every little tiny detail of what guys do. She was wondering what I thought of his face book message, of his text, of the way he hugged her. This is the problem: Guys go home and watch TV and the last thing they do is wonder what you are thinking about them. Girls go home and tell their friends every tiny tiny detail of the night and try to decode it and vote on it with friends. See the difference? Another thing that makes my skin crawl is when girls make excuses for a guy. I will never in my life understand why we do this, and yes I'll admit I have done this before, too. If you start telling me something stupid a guy has done, do not let your sentence end with "but he..." NO! But nothing. Girls think that every guy who comes into their life is their last chance at not being single, so we make excuses and let things slide and we settle. Why? There are plenty of men in the world, plenty. If this guy is not prince charming, thanks but no thanks and move along. Why are girls so afraid of being single? If you are making excuses for a guy, dump him. No buts, dump him. Now. When my friends come to me for advice and they start telling me all the reasons why he isn't a good guy and then say something like, "But he's loaded." or "But he's hot." Do you hear yourself? Honestly, when did the world get so messed up that girls no longer think they deserve the absolute best? We all now that I am about as single as single comes, but you know what. I'm also not making excuses for some loser and I am also not spending my free time decoding every move a guy makes. Who has the better end of the deal? Sure, I may not have someone to buy my dinner every now and then, but if you ask me, I still have the better end of the bargain.

No comments: