Wednesday, October 28, 2009

And the winner is..

We all remember high school days, especially our senior year. One thing you had to look forward to was senior superlatives. Who was going to be most popular? best dressed? most likely to succeed? If you went to a high school like mine, you went to school with the same people from kindergarten on, so by the time senior year rolled around, you pretty much knew who was going to get what. I was a superlative. I wasn't most popular, best dressed or most likely to succeed, I was most talkative. Now, most people might think this isn't something to be proud of, but I do. Even today I still get told time and time again that I talk a lot. My older brother constantly reminds me that I am "overwhelming." So what if I talk a lot? I think you can tell a lot by a person's senior superlative. The girl who was most popular always had a boyfriend and he was always an athlete. She was a cheerleader, in the chorus, and a dancer. She was always every where and always smiling. The girl who was best dressed always put an effort into her wardrobe and cared if people complimented her on what she wore. The girl who was most likely to succeed always studied, always. She always made A's and when she didn't, she cried. She was involved in SGA and various other clubs and we all knew she would go to a smart people college. So what does being most talkative say about me? I think it says I have a personality. I am never afraid to tell you what I am thinking, even when I shouldn't. I think it is my best, and worst, attribute. Sure, sometimes I say things I shouldn't, sometimes I say things and they come out wrong and sometimes I just say too much period. Being bubbly and constantly excited is something I love about me. How many people can hold a conversation with anyone, and I mean anyone? How many people do you know that always have something to talk about? I never have to deal with awkward silence. Everyone has a different personality, some personalities go together and some don't get along at all, and that's OK, it is what makes us who we are. I don't apologize for talking so much, it is who I am. If you think I talk too much then you don't have to listen. That's probably the reason I have a blog, it allows me to say what I want. I never wanted to be most popular, best dressed or most likely to succeed. I wanted to be most talkative. I know that people realize I have a personality, that I am bubbly and friendly all the time. I think being named most talkative is the best compliment I have ever received.

No comments: